Corrections to the blogosphere, the consensus, and the world

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Necrophilia

Over on Pandagon
Letter-writer Slashy went with a friend to a bar where a male acquaintance had the good taste to brag about his affection for violence against women with this shirt:


http://www.flickr.com/photos/amandamarcotte/3306996587/

So, Slashy, what I would have said to the man is: “Man, if I was so repulsive that the only people I could get to fuck me were dead, I sure as hell wouldn’t advertise it.” And then I see no point in ever speaking to him again.


Actually, as a man, I would have taken an alternative approach, seeing the shirt as a really brave acknowledgment of the paralyzing terror that grips adolescents at the thought of female rejection. If my childhood friends were any guide, the concept of necrophilia has a real charge in 15-18 year olds because it means sex without having to expose oneself to the prospect of being laughed at. I mean, yes, that's very close to "“Man, if I was so repulsive that the only people I could get to fuck me were dead..." but she says that as if sh doesn't think they should get points for the candour of their insight.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Followers

Total Pageviews