Corrections to the blogosphere, the consensus, and the world

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

The Spirit

Why do I do these things to myself? I'm over sixty, I have a limited number of evenings left, why do I waste them on things that are not simply worthless but represent an actual subtraction from my capacity to enjoy the world?
I went to Miller's Spirit. I'll spare you the torrent of point-by-point no no nos, and cut it back to two rules.
1) When a comic book movie won't let you look at one frame of the original comic over the titles, they're so ashamed of the comparison that you should take their word for it.
2) When a comic book movie shows the face of someone who in the original has their face hidden (Stallone as Judge Dredd: Samuel Jackson as The Octopus) they show they don't understand what was going on in the comic and won't be able to draw on it effectively.
3) Frank Miller can't handle any movie that doesn't have rollerskating japanese ninja whores in it.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Followers

Total Pageviews